spicy pepper pork chops

I should probably rename this blog for my boyfriend's sister, since most of what I post here is for her. I have a seriously good eggplant appetizer in the works for the next post, by the way. Look out for it, Ariela.

spicy pepper pork chops

4 center-cut pork chops, 1/2" to 3/4" thick
4 cloves garlic, smashed and minced fine
1 tsp cumin, ground
1 tsp black pepper, ground
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp coriander, ground
1/2 tsp ginger, ground
1/2 tsp paprika, ground
1/2 tsp chili, ground
2 TBSP olive oil

Mix the ground spices and garlic together in a little teacup, and add the olive oil. Stir to make a paste. Rinse and dry the pork chops and place on a rack in a broiler pan (I use a sheet pan with a cooling rack on top). Rub the spice paste on both sides of the chops and broil about 7 minutes each side. You want the chops to be crispy outside, but not so done that they dry out inside (THIS is a good instructional overview of broiling pork chops).

Enjoy your dinner party!

Comments

Ariela said…
I love you :) BRING ON THE EGGPLANT, as I made some and it was too salty and I need to salvage it!
Peter P said…
we are going to try this. it sounds delish.
librose said…
Let me know how you like it.

Popular Posts